Thursday, March 28, 2013

THE HOST (the movie) is finally here! #TheHostArt

I've been enjoying all the tumblr treasures at #TheHostArt:

According to The Soul Center, Stephenie Meyer will chose her favorite next week after this weekend's release of THE MOVIE!!! Squee!

I never win these things, naturally, because I am one of those people who LOVES art, has an eye for what she likes, but can't make it to save her life. Well, I can fake making it. So here it is, my Pixlr-aided creations!


My fan art for #TheHostArt contest.
It’s a revamp of the book cover image to reflect the story in its pages. Half in light, half in shadow, two parts in conflict.



~

This one’s my own eye, copying the concept from the book cover and using a quote from The Host:

“Perhaps there could be no joy on this planet without an equal weight of pain to balance it out on some unknown scale.” — Stephenie Meyer (The Host (The Host, #1))





Katrina's blog pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.