Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pubslush: Kickstarter for Writers?

Pubslush 101

This just came to my attention and I already love it. I don't know if I'll ever use it for my own publication aspirations, but I've already pledged to support another author's writing project. I'm a sucker for good sci-fi, and the author I chose to support seems to know exactly what her goals are for this book/series, and how she wants to get there. You can find authors/books you want to support, or post your work and see how many people you can get on board.

I'm excited to see what authors do with this. People are endlessly creative, and I'm sure there are ways of using Pubslush that haven't been done yet.

What do you think about crowdsourcing/crowdfunding for the arts?


Katrina's blog pic

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, fits well with what Kelly was talking about today on Operation Awesome: the ever-changing publishing horizon.

      Delete
  2. I heard a lot about Pubslush at the Author Revolution conference last week and will definitely be looking into it more. I have my own crowdfunding project I'm pursuing for later this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my eyes open for your new project, Julie! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm also excited about this creative art/business model--thinking of trying a campaign for one of my next books. At the least, it would provide much needed incentive to get it written! Thank you for sharing Pubslush, Katrina.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.