Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Five Happy Things



Why? Because I like lists. :)

1) I finished my first draft on a YA Urban Fantasy with sci-fi elements last night!! Go me!

2) My (raving) review of MY JANE AUSTEN SUMMER is up on The Best Damn Creative Writing Blog. Just looking at that pretty pink and green cover makes me smile.

3) I'm halfway through reading my tenth novel of the year, including classics, bestsellers, and unknowns. The numbers don't matter, but it sure makes me feel good to read so much.

4) The 18-month-old is potty training much more easily than his older brother did (knock on wood).

5) The big earthquake predicted to hit California this week hasn't happened (knock on wood again).

What makes you happy today?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your first draft! All of these are awesome causes for celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on draft and the (almost equally important) potty training, sure remember those days. Off to check out the BDCWB review- have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Congrats on finishing your first draft!!! Here's the chocolate I promised :D

    http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/02164/chocolate1.jpg

    Btw: great list....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 5 happy things! I am "happy" that I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you for the support, guys! Saba, that picture made me smile big-time! I might just make it my screensaver for the day. Christine, so glad the five happy things passed the happy along! :) I picked the happiest picture I could find to accompany the list for just that reason.

    *grateful sigh* Best blog buddies ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the first draft! I love your enthusiasm. Maybe I should try to list 5 good things :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.