Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Editorial Ass: some very quick thoughts on the present tense

What did the big teepee say to the little teepee?

"Relax, Relax! We're two tents!"

Okay, I butchered that already bad joke, but as you can see, I'm fascinated by tense today. Past tense. Present tense. Vinyl tents (Actually am taking the kids camping tomorrow night!).

This article, however, is specifically about PRESENT TENSE. It's the most succinct and practical explanation I've seen about the uses and abuses of present tense in novels. Pay attention and it might help you as much as it helped me:

Editorial Ass: some very quick thoughts on the present tense

1 comment:

  1. I heart that blog so much. Thanks for posting!

    Oh, and best of luck with your tent dilemma.

    Oh, wait... I mean tense :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.