Friday, October 22, 2010

My New Writing-Related Addiction: Polyvore


It's all Christina's fault, or Amparo's, if you want to trace it back to the source. :)

You see, Amparo linked to Christina's post about changing her main character's personality, and Christina had this cool clothing collage she'd put together to help define her character.

I clicked on the link and discovered I could do the same thing on Polyvore.com. Cool.

Check out my MC, Azalea:


Azalea set1
Azalea set1 by katrinangel featuring high heel shoes
My initial concept of Azalea's wardrobe.

Of course, money is no object for Azalea, and she never has to walk further than one hundred feet, so it doesn't matter what her feet sport. I'm sure if I did this again, I'd come up with slightly different choices. Azalea's wardrobe is MUCH more complex than this sampling, but man, was it fun!

Okay, your turn. Go to polyvore.com and try your character's wardrobe on for size. Post me links in the comments. I'd love to meet your characters the high-school way: through their clothing choices. ;)

Update: Okay, I'm seriously addicted. I did my middle grade MC, too. Here's Robert:


Robert Gilbrinkle

Robert Gilbrinkle by katrinangel featuring stone jewelry

I couldn't seem to get Whitebolt (Robert's weapon) right. It's a spectrum white opal stone and looks like there's a spirit captive within it. Okay, that's enough polyvore for today. *shuffles off to, like, take care of kids and stuff*


11 comments:

  1. Oooo I could get on that site and procrastinate, er...create, for hours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is seriously awesome. You know what I'll be doing instead of studying this weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Am off to check wardrobes out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Kittie! And have fun, Emy! I hope you'll post your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Now I'M going to get hooked!!

    I tried very hard not to go to the site after I read Christina's post, but I think this was the tipping point. Precious time, prepare to be wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, MAN! I have an assignment due Monday, relatives visiting from overseas next week, and Nano is coming up. I must resist! Must...re..sissst.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool site! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, now I'll be popping onto that site all the time. Grr. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amparo, Ishta, and Lindsay- BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    Jemi- You are very welcome. 0:)

    Casey- Why thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.