|Image from this site|
Inspiration from Kristal's Operation Awesome post
|Join the fun!|
Here are a few of my 2011 hopes and dreams, in no particular order:
1. Keep re-imagining my current WIP until the plot is water-tight, the characters are four-dimensional, and the concept is completely unique. Then, and only then, revise it.
2. Keep up with my critique group revisions each week.
3. Comb through my first novels to see what I can learn from my mistakes, and hopefully be encouraged by how much I've grown since then.
4. Be more engaged on the blogosphere by reading and commenting.
5. Run another marathon in Fall 2011. (to go with this: get rid of writer's butt)
6. Read all the books on my bookshelf. Take notes.
7. Teach son to read independently. Continue math play with manipulatives. Do more science experiments a la Beakman's world. (home preschool)
8. Pimp my favorite authors' books across the web. Find new authors to love.
9. Make sure my husband knows he is loved, and has the time he needs to complete his master's program.
10. Keep a paper journal, and up the ante on my personal scripture study so it's a nightly routine.
Yeah, that's a good start. :)
Mary Kole wrote an amazing post on Dealing with Rejection that is actually more about the stages of a writing career and how you can get to where you want to be. Simply brilliant. Check it out!