Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A is for Afterglow, B is for Blog Blitz

I'm a little late to the A to Z blog challenge (and not officially linked or anything) but I liked the idea, so here goes two in one day:

The challenge

First up:



A is for Afterglow Book Reviews where today I reviewed A Bandit's Stolen Heart.


Blurb: 

Under the persona of the bandit Blood Blade, Cilla Richardson robs from the corrupt and gives to the poor. When an accidental kidnapping leaves her with a handsome captive named Leo Forrester, Cilla finds she has the perfect ally at her side to aid in the fight against the town’s corrupt sheriff. 

Leo reluctantly agrees to help by marrying Cilla’s older sister but the more time he spends with Cilla, the more determined Leo is to steal her stubborn bandit’s heart. However, Cilla is just as determined to keep her heart to herself. Then innocent people are murdered, and the sheriff blames Blood Blade. With their allies now their enemies, Leo and Cilla must convince the town of her innocence before she ends up on the wrong end of a hangman’s noose.

It was written by one of my favorite authors/writerly people, Michelle McLean. Get to know her at these places: 




Next up:




Today's blog blitz is here. Don't know what a blog blitz is? Read up on it before joining.



A word on my own writing:

I'm partway through a fresh pass on an old manuscript, surprising myself with how much better I can make it by a few calculated insertions of interior monologue, setting details, or clarification of a fuzzy plot hole. It's, dare I say it, fun! Breathing new life into something I thought was long dead has renewed my faith in myself a little bit, which is imperative if I'm going to keep writing. And I have to keep writing.

What are you working on today?

Katrina's blog pic

2 comments:

  1. You'll find you can get a lot of visitors by sharing your posts on social media. And as to the list, there's always next year. The blitz is Fun!

    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. :) Have a great event!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.