Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Books I Have Not Read

Sigh. Such a long list, unfortunately, but I'm whittling away at it as best I can. 

In my physical TBR pile, here are the books in random order:

On Goodreads
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. 

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next. 

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth. 

On Goodreads


Nick's life as a CIA spy should be fulfilling, but it has only given him unhappiness, a wife who committed suicide, and two daughters who resent everything he has become. Now, stuck in the Amazon on the last mission of his career, he must track down Matheus Ferreira, a drug lord and terrorist the United States has tried to bring down for years. If he succeeds, he'll have the chance to start his life over again. Just when he's on the brink of catching Ferreira, he's framed for a murder that turns his world upside down. His only chance of survival lies in West Virginia, where Lilian Love, a woman from his past, owns the secluded Monarch Inn. He's safe, but not for long.

On Goodreads
In this long political thriller staged almost entirely around a hostage standoff, Flynn makes maximum use of his White House setting, and mixes in a spicy broth of brutal terrorists, heroic commandos and enough secret agent hijinks to keep the confrontation bubbling until its flag-raising end. The villains are led by Rafique Aziz, a notorious Arab terrorist whose band of thugs takes over the White House by finding a weak point in American politics: they pose as wealthy campaign contributors and are welcomed through the front door. President Robert Hayes manages to escape to his bunker moments before the bloodbath, but religious zealot Aziz takes almost 100 hostages, seals off the White House and begins making demands, of which large sums of cash are just the beginning. With the president incommunicado and weak-willed yet power hungry Vice President Sherman Baxter in charge, the Pentagon and the CIA resort to their secret weapon: commando extraordinaire Mitch Rapp. After sneaking into the bowels of the Executive Mansion through an air duct, Rapp steadily disrupts the terrorists' well-laid plans. He finally calls in reinforcements when Aziz begins drilling into the president's bunker.

On Goodreads
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.


And then there are the amazing books by my CPs stacked up on my hard drive... 

I love the thought of always having something to read. 

What's on your TBR list or already waiting in your stack?








7 comments:

  1. Oh man. First, I didn't care for I Am Number Four, so I hope you like it more than I did.

    Second, I haven't even read If I Stay yet. That's how behind I am at reading.

    Third, I'm trying to move across country. I have 3 boxes of books. That's THREE boxes of my books that I haven't even read yet. The ones I have don't even get to make the trip. AND I have like 230+ books on my TBR list on Goodreads lol. So many books, so little time.

    I think I'm further behind than you, so that should make you feel better haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, THREE boxes of TBR books!! Good for you, Amanda! You'll never run out of stories to get lost in.

    Highly recommend If I Stay! I cried every other page, which is some kind of record. I wonder if I'll like I Am Number Four. It had a great marketing team and I enjoyed the movie, but writers have given it pretty mixed reviews. Guess I'll find out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually doing a pretty good job of knocking down my list this summer:

    Across the Universe-Beth Revis
    Ella Minnow Pea-Mark Dunn
    Pendragon Book 8-D.J. McHale

    Those are just a few. Right now I am rereading Ender's Game for my book club. You can't go wrong with a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Angie! I enjoyed Across the Universe, though it surprised me by having a very different feel after the first two chapters. Haven't heard much of the other two, so let me know how you like them!

    Ender's Game! Awesome! I love it when writers break norms and are successful. Ender's Game was intense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Am Four is on my TBR as well. Oh gee, I heard the movie was great but I think I want to read the book first. I also want to read the Maze Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I have a HUGE TBR pile that seems to never shrink (even though you know how fast I read!). Here are some of them:
    Hourglass - Myna McEntire
    The Girl in the Steel Corset - Kady Cross
    Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
    Ultraviolet - R.J. Anderson.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up! You will be heard...or read.